Indoor and Outdoor Bowling Clubs
Sutton Bowling Club has a proud record dating back to 1928 when it opened as a men only outdoor club in Ventnor Road Sutton. The Ladies club was opened in 1975. In 1982 the club moved to its present site in Dorset Road Belmont which is only a short distance from the original premises. The club has two six rink outdoor bowling greens and a six rink indoor bowls facility with changing rooms together with a substantial bar and restaurant with dining room and extensive on site car parking. It is capable of hosting a wide range of bowling functions including County and other matches and private gatherings for members by appointment through the office.
Currently the club has about 550 indoor members and 200 outdoor members with smaller numbers for indoor summer bowling and social membership.
The club is run by the Board who operate the Company and deal with financial affairs and outside organisations on a Company wide basis. There are seven members who serve on a rotation basis for three years at a time.
Bowling matters are run by a series of committees who are responsible for organising green usage which includes matches, ballots, and competitions. They reflect the usual divisions of bowling clubs into Ladies, Men’s committees who give their joint attention to mixed matches and competitions. They are the main operating arms of the Club and do a great deal of work all year round.